"In a friendship of three teenage girls, the ultimate combo should be; a book obsessed one, a fashion obsessed one, and a boy obsessed one." - Treasureabaa
___________
"Oh my friggin boshhht!" Is this THE TWINS?!"
My name is Wren and 'the twins' here are my two best friends from freshman year, before mum decided she needed to tour the world in thirty days, and before Dad realised that the fashion world had more to offer than boring stock exchange.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
Blinking rapidly as my eyes peek open to see that lo and behold, my wild imagination wasn't conjuring up the twins. They really are standing before me with stupid grins on their pie faces. I cannot believe my eyes, just when I thought I was in for a senior year of hell, the famous duo shows up.
Kenny and Carla were one of the only friends I had before Dad decided to move to Indonesia for mum's sake. She was starting to get upset about minor issues, and I even saw her talking to her reflection one time! Even though we moved because mum got bored with America and felt like her 'life was on pause', I managed convince myself that my loving parents cared about the fact that I was constantly bullied in school, and decided to move to mum's home town for my sake.
Why I moved back? Well, Mum got bored with shopping in Paris and sightseeing in south Africa and gossiping in Indonesia, Dad moved his headquarters to LA, California because that's where all the sun beaten models in the fashion industry are, and I...the air was too humid for me? I don't know, I just missed Los Angeles, so I complained to mum who complained to dad who saw reason with us and agreed to move back. So, here I am!
"Hey Wren!" They exclaim simultaneously.
"You guys even speak together now?"
"Yep, Kenny had lip surgery and the quack doctor forgot the acid soaked cotton wool in her mouth. This damaged her vocal chord so in order for people not to hear how horrible her voice actually sounds, we speak at once" Carla says pushing her fushia pink googles up her nose."
Wow, the transformation in them is evident. Carla was this scattered smart ass nerd with thick rimmed glasses and dark brown hair. Now, she's spotting a fabulous ginger brown with darker tips.
In a friendship of three teenage girls, the ultimate combo should be; a book obsessed one, a fashion obsessed one, and a boy obsessed one. Guess who's crazy about books.
"So," Carla continues, "the quack doctor chose to use juvederm instead of restylane which I clearly told her was better. Thankfully, there were no scars to show, just her poor voice..."
"OMG Kenny so sorry, I had no idea." I squeeze her in an extra tight bear hug.
"Yeah I'm sure you didn't" Kenny, who supposedly has no voice says. I eye the horrid twins and we all burst out in laughter.
It feels so damn good to be back together.
We walk down to the park and make ourselves comfortable on the grass. The cool breeze whips my hair and I wonder if I should've listened to mum and taken my back pack with me. My yellow butterfly clip never leaves my backpack.
"So, Wren, how's your nanny?" Kenny starts at the same time Carla, always the sensible one, asks;
"When did you move back?"
"Last month. Guess Where Dad registered me!" I decide to ignore Kenny's question since I'd rather not subject myself to her teasing.
"Where?"
"Cresten Falls!"
"Omgoshhhh same! I tots want to know waddup with all our former friends! And that buzz buzz Channel."
"We didn't have any friends Kenny" Carla says with a shudder and her twin sister's face falls as she remembers our miserable freshman and Sophomore years. We were like the chickens of the school- everyone wanted a piece of us, everyone one wanted to kill us and drain our blood.
Okay maybe that wasn't the best depiction of how three freshman girls were picked on by the school plastics.
"Girls chill, we had Jay remember?" I say to lighten up the mood. Jay was always the sunlight at the end of a dark narrow tunnel where the bodies of murdered people are found, with black blood flowing through the drainages and parts like; brain, intestine, kidney, liver, sold in the black market to help those who don't have-
Kenny hiccups, and I hand her my new blue steel water bottle.
Sophomore year was the worst. We were total outcasts in high school and nobody wanted to be seen hanging out with us. The day Channel had invited Kenny to join her clique and she had bluntly refused marked the beginning of our misery in highschool. How were we to know that no one says no to the Queen bee?! What's so wrong in a group of friends refusing to be divided?!
"Yeah, that's right, we had Jay! Is he still in Cresten Falls?" Carla exclaims, her usual bubbly self. It's good to know that some things don't change.
"Okay guys, I have a plan" Kenny exclaims. No she doesn't! When she says that, run as fast as your legs can carry you because it just might involve murder!!
"Think girls, what made Channel hate us three?" We sigh in unison, knowing once she has started, whirlwinds won't stop Kenny from taking.
"Erm- because you refused to join her click of plastic buzz buzz?" I try
"Eew no! Who doesn't want to be one of the plastics in highschool?-"
"I don't-" Carla interrupts
"Not you bunny, your opinion hardly counts!" You see why Kenny would be the perfect queen bee of high school?
"What's your point exactly Kenny?"
"My point... Is that she hated us because we were unique and different. And more prettier than her! So-"
"We were?-" I say
"Prettier, Kenny! No more." Carla says
"Really, stop interrupting with unnecessary ramblings" she smiles to herself, happy to have shut us up for some seconds.
"So, as I was saying, Wren is the daughter of a billionaire, and Chinese, and we are these fabulously pretty Americans, but always moving and visiting new places. See different?" If we leave Kenny, she would take us on a merry-go-round.
"Your point, Kenny!" I nearly yell as her.
"Okay, calm your tits, girl. I'm just saying, since we are going back to our former high school, let's show them the new us. Let's show queen buzz buzz, real plastics!"
We are quiet for a minute as what Kenny's saying sinks in. I've always wanted to be popular in school, and I hate being bullied. Well, who doesn't.
I nod my head and Kenny gives a Whoop whoop of joy and we turn our adorable faces at Carla.
"Okay girls, let's be plastic!" She screams, a little too enthusiastic, causing a little cute pumpkin playing on the grass with her rag doll to burst out in tears. Her Mum who's typing furiously on a computer looks up at us. Her face looks like she is capable of strangulation and would derive utmost joy from it, as she glares at us.
Uh- oh. We stare at ourselves in horror and burst out in laughter when Kenny hiccups again.
I feel soooo excited, I can't wait for Senior year which is only a week from today. I can't wait to be PLASTIC!

Comments
Post a Comment