Skip to main content

Mind Games (coming soon)

Mind Games [Episode one]

By: Treasure A. Abaa
Coming soon on Wattpad.
2018©


#1



Location: South Africa
Specie: fifteen year old human
Potential: confirmed

                                         Ava


"Ava!"

Pointedly ignoring my elder sister, I put on my headset and increase the volume to the highest, ignoring the warning sprawled on the screen.

Trey Song's Slow motion blasts through my eardrums, effectively damaging my heart for a couple seconds, before I adjust to the loud music in my head.

My head. That's where all my fears are.

My sister storms off with a hiss, and I immediately pull off the headset to rest on my neck, with a broad grin on my face.

Drawing my HP windows vista closer to me, I refresh the bookshelf link, and get comfortable as "Mind Games, Prologue." flashes on the screen.

I absolutely detest anything relating to science fiction or horror, so I recheck the genre. It's still Fantasy.

So, the notorious twins, in order to spite their father- the almighty scientist- set to work.

At first, their intentions were good, but as in the heart of man, darkness always prevails, so it did.

They called it "The Mind Game."

Sighing in frustration at the odd story as I search for the exit bottom out of the page, I notice the link at the corner and click on it. 

My beat-down passed-down laptop goes blank. I roll my eyes at it and wait, trying to ignore the creaking sound of the door.

It's probably the wind...

Suddenly, the screen comes to life.

Welcome Ava, to Mind Games. My name is Miss Jenks, and I will be your instructor.

I look around me in fear, hoping I had imagined the voice, but blinking at me through the screen, is a white lady with razor cut red hair, contrasting widely with her grey prim suit.

"Umm hi?" I whisper at her, wanting to be sure that she had indeed spoken. This must be like video chats that my friend Kayla was talking about... But, video chats on an online novel reading site?

"Hello, Ava. Today, you'll meet with your other team members. You've been appointed as the team leader of group B #102."

"How?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Simply place you hand on the screen and you'll be here."

This is getting interesting. Maybe, this is like those internet bots. So, I lift my palm up to the screen- grinning -for the fun of it.

"Ouch!" I yell as I feel a zap on my palm. 

It's probably my trash laptop, electricity current..

"See? It didn't work. Internet bot." I say, more to myself than to the woman smiling calmly back at me, as a wave of nausea hits me.

"Potential: Confirmed." Flashes on the screen in bright red and I can only stare in horror.

Suddenly, a burning itchy sensation fills my lungs and I try to cough and clear my throat, but when I see the blood that sprews out my mouth and paints the screen red, my vision swims and goes black.





This is the first draft//unedited.
2017© by Treasure A. Abaa

Image source: pixels


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today on Anxiety

I was always teetering. I was always afraid. What if i couldn't take it anymore What if i just couldn't The darkness that pulled me in was mostly faceless. But sometimes it was the social media. Sometimes it was boys. Or my parents. Or a friend. Or anxiety. I have always lived so close to the edge One day, i just might slip and fall Or maybe I would pull through one more time. Maybe I'll find the strength inside. I envision my lungs bursting with joy, knocking down the darkness.

My 2018 Story

This year, I was afraid  My safe zone got breeched and fear almost crippled me. This year, I was sick and my heart bleed out. I became adamant to love and my heart couldn't conceive the concept of forgiveness. This year, I felt alone and I wet my pillows at night. Actually, The world broke me and i became a walking shell of the girl i used to be. Look how easy it is to spell out what i could tag my curses. Please, lets back up a bit. When I got abducted, I wasn't touched. Not harmed. The word of God which says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, which says people that mean to curse us will bless us; it came alive! Honestly, it was a miracle. The sickness didn't kill me, and believe it or not but my heart still beats in my chest. God commanded to love everyone, and if you don't forgive you're walking into your damnation. It was hard but I tried and I did. So, you can too. This year I listened to Apostle Joshua Selma teach on Favour a...

Go-getters rule the World!

#melaninpopping #featured #blogger #proudLYafricAN #proudlynigerian #styleblogger I am super excited today, because I have a Red alert for you guys! I am finally getting a domain name!!! sassyteasel.com hmu XD Go-getter rule the world! They say I am a go-getter. Well, guess what? Go-getters rule the world! So, if you really want to do something, do it! Don't wait for nothing to stop you. My mum always says, "I am where I am today because of my determination." Determination leads to success. Do not accept NO for anything, if you CAN get a YES! Let nothing, and I mean NOTHING, stop you from getting where you want to be in life. I know what I want in life, and I won't stop, until I get it. Even after then, I'll continue to get what I want, because guess what? I CAN. Quick question: Leather bag or Leather Shoes? Gimme a leather school bag any day 😍😍. I think I am in love with leather. Do you guys know any leather hair??? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Questio...