I gaze wide eyed at the book in my hands
Beautiful ethereal writings scribbled on the pages gazes back at me.
The words, my words!
They are Alive!
The book flies out of my hands and lands on the ground with a loud thud
The pen follows swiftly
My breath coming in shirt gasps
I need to run!
What the hell?!
The lights are out, leaving me shrouded by darkness
My breathing ragged
I crawl my way to the door
Finding the handle and wrapping long fingers around it
I pull but to no avail
Locked. I'm trapped!
A few thousand shakes of the handle
I'm drenched in my own sweat
The unmistakable metallic taste in my mouth
Blood! Musta bit my tongue.
Suddenly, something glints in the darkness
I feel for it. A key!
Stealthily the luck turns
Letting me out, banging the door behind me
I look left and right
My breathing calms
Heart beat is back to normal
Normalcy is a pretense
I smile as I pretend that nothing just happened.
This really happened to me! I was writing "Grey Between"; twas a horror scene and when the lights went out, I got so scared.

Comments
Post a Comment