Skip to main content

2020 In a Blur

Wow! Amazing right?
If you're visiting for the first time, welcome! I get excited. If you've been here before, you got lost and found yourself here, you were stalking Treasure Abaa and landed here. Well, I don't know what to say, welcome!

It's funny really, I googled my name and this blog came up. I just had to download the blogger app to continue this rollercoaster experience. It's like an online journal, very cringe worthy but it reminds me of my journey. So, I'm taking a minute out of my very busy life (anyone believe that?) to make this post. Writing never bothered me anyway.

Warning: Info dump 

When I started tho blog, I was dealing with anxiety. I didn't know anyone my age around me who had that, the little I knew about it was from my mum's psychology textbooks and the inanet (Cardi is a sensation these days). I'm all good now (big fat lie) and yunno, all grown and mature and omll I'm even allowed to have a boyfriend now! So much growth, am I right?

Carry on...

Anyways, It's 2021 but I'm going to be tell in you about my 2020 because it was quite the year. For the world. 

Notice I got better at writing? 

The year shaa starts normal. I defend my project and my seminar in February, 2020. In March, we hear that ASUU wants to go on strike, there's this thing about a Corona Virus but that's by the way. 

Until it wasn't. Dudeeee I thought the world was going to end. (I'm sure you thought so too, but I'm having so much fun writing as if I'm talking to someone reading this ten generations later) The Covid-19 rocked the whole world. At first, the masses in Nigeria did not believe it was real, then they insisted it was a "white man disease", then they thought the covid had a vendatta with the corrupt leaders and it'd kill them off one by one until Nigeria is corruption free.

Feel free to laugh plis dears

Turns out Covid-19 was very much real and it was steady taking millions of lives everywhere. The government imposed a lockdown, isolation centers, you know the drill. Then, there were the families that battled corona virus with annointing oil and dogoyaro root/herb.

Admist this frenzy, Nigerian government decided to flex their muscle as usual. #EndSars and #EndPoliceBrutality started to trend and there was the #LekkiMassacre and not so popular but terribly frightening #OyigboMassacre. Google the others, but this Oyigbo massacre really scared the living daylights out of me because guess where my parents and I live?
We survived the fear, the deaths, and the anxiety, but all of us need therapy omoooo.



There's still Covid and Police brutality hasn't ended but at least we aren't putting on gas masks, carrying cutlass to fight the undead. Donald Trump did not nuke the world. Guys, we are survivors! Designated or not.

Okay my story telling imaginations be wilding.

I, like the rest of the world suffered from anxiety, experienced loss, depression, and healing. We did not give up and we will not give up!

Hoping for a nicer 2021, universe plis dear it have do. Help us biko nu.

Bye! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today on Anxiety

I was always teetering. I was always afraid. What if i couldn't take it anymore What if i just couldn't The darkness that pulled me in was mostly faceless. But sometimes it was the social media. Sometimes it was boys. Or my parents. Or a friend. Or anxiety. I have always lived so close to the edge One day, i just might slip and fall Or maybe I would pull through one more time. Maybe I'll find the strength inside. I envision my lungs bursting with joy, knocking down the darkness.

My 2018 Story

This year, I was afraid  My safe zone got breeched and fear almost crippled me. This year, I was sick and my heart bleed out. I became adamant to love and my heart couldn't conceive the concept of forgiveness. This year, I felt alone and I wet my pillows at night. Actually, The world broke me and i became a walking shell of the girl i used to be. Look how easy it is to spell out what i could tag my curses. Please, lets back up a bit. When I got abducted, I wasn't touched. Not harmed. The word of God which says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, which says people that mean to curse us will bless us; it came alive! Honestly, it was a miracle. The sickness didn't kill me, and believe it or not but my heart still beats in my chest. God commanded to love everyone, and if you don't forgive you're walking into your damnation. It was hard but I tried and I did. So, you can too. This year I listened to Apostle Joshua Selma teach on Favour a...

Go-getters rule the World!

#melaninpopping #featured #blogger #proudLYafricAN #proudlynigerian #styleblogger I am super excited today, because I have a Red alert for you guys! I am finally getting a domain name!!! sassyteasel.com hmu XD Go-getter rule the world! They say I am a go-getter. Well, guess what? Go-getters rule the world! So, if you really want to do something, do it! Don't wait for nothing to stop you. My mum always says, "I am where I am today because of my determination." Determination leads to success. Do not accept NO for anything, if you CAN get a YES! Let nothing, and I mean NOTHING, stop you from getting where you want to be in life. I know what I want in life, and I won't stop, until I get it. Even after then, I'll continue to get what I want, because guess what? I CAN. Quick question: Leather bag or Leather Shoes? Gimme a leather school bag any day 😍😍. I think I am in love with leather. Do you guys know any leather hair??? 😂😂😂😂 Questio...